1. Latest News
  2. Submit Press Release
  1. PR Home
  2. Latest News
  3. Feeds
  4. Alerts
  5. Submit Free Press Release
  6. Journalist Account
  7. PRNewswire Distribution

Acid Acid Alkaline Foods - Understanding Acid Alkaline Foods

People seem to get a bit confused about how acid and alkaline foods fit into the Alkaline diet when they first start out on the diet. I am hoping that this article will give you a clearer idea of how it works.

 
PRLog - Aug. 3, 2009 - To understand what the Alkaline Diet is about, and the affects that certain foods have on our bodies, it is important to understand the basics of the foods that we eat.

The Alkaline Diet basically divides food into two groups - those that are alkalizing and those that are acidic. To further clarify the meaning of alkaline and acidic those terms are used to describe the ash that is left by the food once consumed by your body. So in essence, when we talk about acid or alkaline, what is referred to here is the basic acid ash or basic alkaline ash that is left once the food is digested.

It can be a bit confusing to discern which is which when it comes to food, because even though lemons are considered to be acidic in nature, it leaves a very alkaline ash once digested in the body.

So, when it is referred to in Alkaline diet terms as acidic, we are not talking about the properties of the food as such, but rather we are referring to the basic ash that it leaves in the body, where foods that leave alkaline ash is the preferred choice.

Foods that have acidic properties but leave a highly alkaline ash

Foods that are considered to be acidic in nature but leave a higly alkaline ash in our bodies are:

Tomatoes
Limes
Lemons
Grapefruit

which means that they are really good for you!

Alkaline Foods

Most vegetables are considered to be alkaline, and the green ones are especially good for you.

The list of vegetables includes (but is not limited to):

avocado
beets
carrots
green beans
cauliflower
corn
cucumber
garlic
peas
onions
peppers pumpkins

Fruits are considered to be somewhat acidic and should be limited to a part of the 20% that makes up the rest of the Alkadiet, 80% being vegetables.

Fruits that are considered to be alkaline are:

water melon
bananas
coconut

The rest of the fruits are considered to be acidic.

Fruits that fall in the acidic range include but are not limited to:

apples
apricots
dates
figs
grapes
mangos
nectarines
oranges
papayas
peaches
pears
pineapples

Foods that are considered highly acidic include the following:

beef
lamb
crayfish
cold cuts
crab
whole eggs
wine

The Alkaline diet recommends for optimum health and energy that your intake should consist of 80% alkaline foods and 20% acidic foods. It is important to keep a balance in your food as leaning too much either way will have a negative impact on your health.

If your body is too alkaline you will get sick and vice versa so use common sense when planning your daily meals.

For more information on how you can benefit form the Alkaline Diet, please visit:
http://www.ph-miracle-diet.com

# # #

Ph-miracle-diet.com is an authority site on the Alkaline Diet. Learn more about how you can benefit from the Alkaline Diet by visiting http://www.ph-miracle-diet.com

--- End ---

Click to Share

Contact Email:
***@ph-miracle-diet.com Email Verified
Source:Ph Miracle Diet
Location:South Africa
Industry:Food, Fitness, Health
Tags:alkaline chart, alkaline diet, alkaline recipes, alkaline health, acid alkaline foods
Last Updated:Aug 05, 2009
Shortcut:prlog.org/10299327
Verified Account Email Address

Disclaimer:   Issuers of the press releases are solely responsible for the content of their press releases. PRLog can't be held liable for the content posted by others.   Report Abuse

Latest Press Releases By “

More...

Trending News...



  1. SiteMap
  2. Privacy Policy
  3. Terms of Service
  4. Copyright Notice
  5. About
  6. Advertise
Like PRLog?
9K2K1K
Click to Share