In this new, innovative cooking show kids are active participants and get a say in what they are cooking and eating. The basis of the show is to teach children and families that better nutrition is fun, simple to prepare, and can bring families together.
In past generations the entire family was responsible for putting a meal together whether it was an agrarian society or an extended family living in the city or suburb. The work was delegated to the entire clan. As generations progressed we’ve moved away from this, but many people still have fond memories of ‘family meals’ or their grandmother’
Kids have an inherent love for cooking – why has the ‘Easy Bake oven’ been popular for so long and why do kids still make mud pies generation after generation?
WHY is cooking with your children important?
· Adults can connect with kids through food.
· Kids discover new foods, facilitating a desire to learn.
· Empower choice.
· Learn to work with people (starting with siblings).
· Strengthen the familial bond.
· Cooking skills improve reading & math comprehension.
· Kids who like to work alongside parents are happier. Children and parents are less stressed.
· Kids like to play with ingredients and make things – why not healthy foods?
· Preparing dishes at home saves families money too!
# # #
A kid friendly cooking show and cook book designed to help busy parents make healthy meals and get their children interested in what they eat.