This survey results demonstrate the variety of views on the importance of and methods for risk quantification or risk measurements for HSE activities and programs. The results indicate that only 20% of the respondents are using detailed financial analytics to measure and track the value created from HSE risk management.
- 202 responses were logged in less than 24 hours from the general membership of LinkedIn.
o 37% from very large companies;
o 14% from large companies;
o 10% from medium companies; and
o 39% from small companies.
o 27% of the respondents represented the Management/Senior Management/Owner functions in their organizations
- 29% currently measure HSE risk reductions through some form of financial metric, but 10% indicated no rigorous metrics are used.
- 12% felt that no measurement is needed because the value of reducing HSE exposures is inherent.
- 13% are looking for ways to develop financial metrics.
- The remaining 43% stated that such measures are not a priority at this time.
LinkedIn members can view the poll at http://polls.linkedin.com/
For additional information on The Elm Consulting Group International, services provided or the survey, contact Lawrence Heim.
About The Elm Consulting Group International, LLC: Founded in 2002, The Elm Consulting Group International, LLC is a specialized health, safety and environmental (HSE) risk management consultancy with offices in Connecticut, California, Georgia and Texas. Elm supports clients in over 60 countries, assisting with the development and deployment of effective HSE management and compliance programs. ELM has an established network of affiliations across the globe, including consulting resources in over 22 countries on six continents.
Contact: Lawrence Heim, Director, The Elm Consulting Group International, LLC, 678-200-5220. www.elmgroup.com
# # #
THE ELM CONSULTING GROUP INTERNATIONAL LLC provides health, safety and environmental (HSE) risk management, compliance and sustainability consulting support across the US and globe, including 22 countries on six continents.