Visa on arrival - Visa at embassy comparison chart
1. Getting visa to Vietnam through Vietnamese consulate
Vietnam Embassy / High Comission / Consulate for Australia
ZIP Code :
ZIP Code :
Vietnamese entry visa is required for all foreigners wishing to visit Vietnam except citizens of countries having visa exemption inclusion in bilateral consular agreements with Vietnam. Visas can be applied by mail or in person at the Embassy of Socialist Republic of Vietnam in Australia.
You are applying for a tourist visa
You are applying for a business visa
You are holding diplomatic/official passport
Entry visas to Vietnam can be applied BY POST or IN PERSON (by the applicant or anyone on his/her behalf) at the Embassy.
Applying by post:
First, download the application form from the Website.
Second, the Applicant must submit or send by registered/express post to the Embassy the following documents:
a. Original and valid PASSPORT which must have at least one-month validity after the expiry of the visa and one blank page left. Please keep note of your passport details in case you might need them while your passport is with the Embassy;
b. One completed APPLICATION FORM with one passport-size photo affixed on the Form. Please fill the form eligibly and accurately to avoid misinterpretation and to facilitate the visa processing. You will be responsible for the accuracy of the information you provide in the Application Form;
c. If you require your passport(s) to be returned by post, please send in a return self-addressed ENVELOPE (Express post or Registered mail is recommended)
d. VISA FEE must be paid in cash, money order or bank cheque payable to the Embassy of Vietnam. We accept Australian dollars only. Visa fees are various and depend on the length of stay and visa types, please contact the Embassy for further information. Contact phone numbers: 02 - 6286 6059; 6290 1556; 6290 1894; 6286 6267 (EXT: 101; 102)
Applying in person:
Alternatively, if you wish, you can come to the Embassy at number 6 Timbarra Crescent, O’Malley, ACT 2606 to apply for visa(s) where you will get assistance on site by our staffs. Our office is open from 9:00AM to 4:00 PM from Monday to Friday, except Vietnamese and Australian public holidays.
• Upon receipt of the application, it takes THREE working days by normal service for your passport(
• Delivery time by the post office is not included in the processing time above and dependent on the Post.
• Once you have received your passport(s) with visa(s), please check carefully all the details. Should there be any discrepancies or errors, such as the dates of arrival/departure, the types of visas, please notify the Embassy immediately. If the errors are the consequences of the inaccuracy of the information you provided in the Application Form, the Embassy will not be responsible for them, and any additional costs that incur from remedy of the errors will be born solely by you. After the visa(s) have been stamped on your passport(s), if you want to change the dates of arrival/ the types of visas, you need to pay the extra costs. Please note that all payments are non-refundable, even if you want to cancel the visa(s) which have already been issued.
• Visa application for children should follow the same procedures if the children hold their own passports. Children are under 14 years of age are not required to sign the Application Form.
For further query, please have your question(s) ready, brief and focused before contacting the Embassy. The Visa Section telephone line is open from 9 AM to 5 PM Monday to Friday except Vietnamese and Australian holidays.
Step 1: Contact with their Vietnamese sponsor(s)/business partner(s) and request them to arrange the visa authorisation for the applicant from the Immigration Department, Ministry of Public Security. To this end, the applicant should advise their Vietnamese sponsor(s)/business partner(s) of the following information:
- Full name
- Date and place of birth
- Nationality (previous and present)
- Passport number and type, dates of issue and expiry of the passport
- Proposed dates of entry into and exit from Vietnam
- Type of visa requires (single/double/
- The Vietnamese mission from where the applicant would collect the visa.
Step 2: Obtain the confirmation from the Vietnamese sponsor(s)/business partner(s) about the visa authorisation.
Step 3: Complete the application form with dully-pasted passport-size photo.
Step 4: Send the completed application form to the Embassy with the following documents:
- A valid passport
- A self-addressed prepaid courier satchel
Step 5: Pay the visa fee
It normally takes two or three working days to process a visa from the date of receipt of the completed application form with required documents and the visa authorisation from the Department of Immigration (Ministry of Public Security).
The cost should be around 70 AUD for single 1 month entry.
2. Getting Vietnam visa on arrival
On the other way, you can also apply for Vietnam Visa on arrival through www.vietnamvisasupport.com. We make sure that it is cheaper and easier than getting visa to Vietnam from the Embassy in Australia. The total cost is from 35 - 50 USD/person. Click here to see how to get Vietnam Visa on arrival.
Apply Vietnam visa online at: http://www.vietnamvisasupport.com
Apply Vietnam Tours online at: http://travel.togo.vn
# # #
Vietnam visa for us, that is Legal, Quick, and Economical. http://www.vietnamvisasupport.com was built for supporting you with updated information on Vietnam entry visa, suggesting you how to get visa to Vietnam easiest, fastest and reliable but cheapest way.