Dr. Kaye offers one-hour healing sessions, whereby she uses a light touch on the body to circulate energy in the body and correct imbalances of energy. First she discusses with each client any specific pains, aches, or areas of tension, and then commences treatment. Often times, she doesn’t apply any pressure in the area of pain or tension, but applies her touch to other areas of the body.
“People want and need to stay healthy in these troubled times, and my treatments are an effective alternative means to achieving a more balanced and relaxed state without using any medications,”
“Your whole being is relaxed and free of stress right after the treatment, and I can personally attest that my whole body feels 110% better because it is so much more relaxed afterwards,”
Dr. Pien first consulted Dr. Kaye for bunions in both her feet, and Dr. Kaye treated her a total of 3 times by applying her light touch. “For 10 years, I used to have pain everyday, but I have had zero pain since Dr. Kaye treated me three months ago,” says Dr. Pien. “This has been wonderful!”
10 Cost-Free Ways to Reduce Stress and Tension
Apart from the hands-on healing sessions, Dr. Kaye also offers a few cost-free ideas to alleviate stress:
- Take a 24 hour media break from all sources of news.
- Enlighten the mood by listening to a comedy channel or engaging in an activity that puts a smile on one’s face.
- Browse in one’s favorite bookstore, clothing store, or electronic store.
- Do your own de-stressing acupressure facial. “Press the points on the middle of your eyebrows, the bridge of your nose, the points under the eyes and the sides of the nostrils, and hold each point for 15 seconds,” explains Dr. Kaye.
- Find a good spot for people watching outside and enjoy the scene.
- Increase vitamin B intake and consider herbal remedies for inducing a sense of peace and calm.
- Try a simple yoga stretch. “Face a wall and place your hands shoulder high,” says Dr. Kaye, who also has an extensive background in yoga therapy and documented the effects of yoga on substance abuse, depression and weight. “Step back. Straighten your arms. Flatten your back and form a 90-degree angle with your back and legs.”
- Take a deep breath to relax. Sit on a chair with the eyes and mouth closed. Slowly take a deep breath, bringing the breath up to the collar bone. Release slowly, taking more time to exhale (than time it took to inhale).
- Daydream – think of the good times.
- Remove unwanted toxicity by taking a saltwater bath. “Add two cups of salt to a full tub of water,” she says. “Submerse your hair. Saltwater neutralizes pollution and other environmental intrusions. Put on white clothes after your bath. White deflects, black attracts – a law of physics.”
Dr. Kaye will be at American Medical Aesthetics effective May 18, 2009, and also maintains a private practice specializing in pain management in Santa Barbara, California. She is also the author of one book, as well as numerous articles on yoga and healing, and lectures nationally and internationally. For more information about Dr. Kaye, please call 805-701-0363 or visit her website at www.DrGloriaKaye.com.