1. Latest News
  2. Submit Press Release

Austin Finalists Vie For Online Film Competition's $100,000 Prize

Austin based director, Bradley Jackson, and producers, Russell Groves and Andrew Lee, advance to the final round of Doorpost Film Project's short film contest, competing for the $100,000 grand prize.

 
PRLog - June 9, 2009 - AUSTIN, Texas -- Austin based director, Bradley Jackson, and producers, Russell Groves and Andrew Lee, have advanced to the final round of Doorpost Film Project's short film contest with their comedic film "The Biggest Weakness".

The Doorpost Film Project, named one of the “Top 25 Film Festivals Worth the Fee” by Movie Maker Magazine, is awarding the filmmakers $30,000 in film production credit to produce a new film to compete for the $100,000 grand prize.

Of the 600-plus films submitted to the 2009 Doorpost Film Project short film contest, only 100 films were selected for online screening and voting in the first round.

Voting began on April 1st with 70% of the vote from a panel of distinguished industry professionals and the remaining 30% from registered website users.

Of the 100 films, only 10 finalists passed into the final round, each of who will receive $30,000 in production credits to produce their final round film.  The Doorpost Film Project offers over $500,000 for winners in prize money, travel provisions, and production budgets.

Jackson's first round film, "The Biggest Weakness" tells the story of Leonard, who needs a job, but in order to get one, he must answer everyone's least favorite interview question: What is your biggest weakness?

The film stars John Ramsey, Funniest Person in Austin 2005; Eric Krug, Funniest Person in Austin 2008; and English actor Jack Lonsdale with a special appearance by the Austin City Showgirls.  The film can be viewed online at:
http://www.thedoorpost.com/humility/biggestweakness

Jackson, Groves and Lee will have approximately three months to produce their final round film, which will also be a comedy.  The final round of voting will take place September 1st -16th, 2009.

--- End ---

Click to Share

Contact Email:
***@gmail.com Email Verified
Source:TBW Productions
Phone:512-485-3033 ext 2
Location:Austin - Texas - United States
Industry:Entertainment, Event, Movies
Tags:doorpost, film, finalist, Austin, Texas, biggest weakness
Shortcut:prlog.org/10253501
Verified Account Email Address

Disclaimer:   Issuers of the press releases are solely responsible for the content of their press releases. PRLog can't be held liable for the content posted by others.   Report Abuse

Trending News...



Like PRLog?
9K2K1K
Click to Share