David Bulcock, Chief Executive of Gyms4Home, the Lancashire-based leading supplier of treadmills, cross trainers, multi gyms and exercise bikes, said, “Many individuals take up running or jogging, either because they are overweight or just want to lose some extra pounds. We often find that those who buy our treadmills do so as a means of managing their weight, and research shows that running is considered to be one of the most effective strategies in winning the battle of the bulge.”
However, there are many more benefits to jogging, particularly in the privacy of your own home. First things first, you can keep yourself entertained with your television, radio or film favourites. Second of all, working out, on a treadmill, cross trainers and exercise bikes in private can boost your self-confidence and motivate you more than at the gym or a public place of leisure. Thirdly, jogging not only works on your physical state of being but also your emotional state of mind as well. Medical research has proved that during exercise, there is a release of endorphins in the body, which produce feelings of euphoria and a general state of well being. It is, however, incredibly important not to over-exert yourself, as endorphins can sometimes mask any pain or injury you may sustain through over-exertion.
Here is a simple guide to make sure you use your treadmill to get the best results:
1) Make sure you warm up, including jogging on the spot and stretching. This allows your body to prepare for your time on the treadmill.
2) It is important not to over-exert yourself, so you must ensure that every time you work out on the treadmill you work out for a reasonable amount. Working out for hours at a time is of course hazardous to your health!
3) Dehydration really can take you by surprise. If your body is even dehydrated by two per-cent, it will affect your work out. Half an hour before you start, drink plenty of water and keep a bottle with you while you are working out.
4) When you have completed your exercise, make sure you take the time to cool down. Remember, it takes longer to cool down than to warm up.
5) And now, enjoy the physical, mental and emotional benefits of working out in the luxury of your own home!
About Gyms4Home: The Fitness Warehouse Ltd is a leading supplier of fitness equipment based in Preston, Lancashire. We offer the very best in both Home Use and Commercial fitness equipment at affordable prices. Operating from a 2,000 sq/ft warehouse, we offer a large showroom that allows you to “try before you buy“. This benefit, coupled with our expert advice, will ensure that the equipment you buy meets all of the following requirements:
# # #
Editor’s Note: Gyms4home is represented by the search engine optimisation (SEO) team at Top Position, the online advertising consultancy. Please direct all press queries to Tina Clough. Email: email@example.com or call 01623 726233