1. Collagen creams should be all natural. Avoid creams that contain synthetic ingredients. Most creams you'll find on the market are full of harsh, chemical ingredients that can clog your pores and cause skin irritation. Take mineral oil for example. It is known to cause acne, photosensitivity, and premature aging yet it is commonly found in collagen lotions and creams.
2. Look for collagen facial cream that doesn't have an SPF factor. It has probably been drilled into your head that you need to use a face cream with an SPF factor to prevent aging and protect your skin from the sun. However, Padimate-O, the chemical used to make SPF factors, has been linked to skin cancer. To protect your skin from harmful UV-A rays, use creams and lotions that contain natural sun protectors like Nano-Lipobelle H EQ10, shea butter, and Phytessence Wakame.
3. Use collagen creams that do not contain collagen. That probably sounds odd since most anti-aging creams contain collagen but it's important to realize that rubbing collagen into your skin is not going to make any difference. Collagen molecules are too large to be absorbed by your skin and only collagen produced naturally can help you combat aging.
4. Look for active ingredients like Nano-Lipobelle H EQ10, avocado oil, Cynergy TK, and active manuka honey in collagen facial cream. These bio-available ingredients are scientifically proven to stop the loss of collagen and elastin and stimulate their re-growth. They have the ability to penetrate the skin deeply to stop the degenerative process that leads to collagen and elastin loss.
5. Some companies will claim to use hydrolyzed collagen in their collagen creams. This type of collagen is in small enough fragments for the skin to penetrate. The problem with this type of collagen is that the fragments are too small to be integrated into the framework of the skin. You should avoid buying big brand skin care products because they use a lot of marketing gimmicks. Instead shop for skin care products online. Smaller companies generally have a much larger research and development budget whereas big brand companies devote more of their budgets to marketing and advertising their products.
Your goal? Take this information and use it to help you find collagen facial cream that really works. Most of the creams out there are not effective so it's important to shop carefully and find ones that contain bio-available, all natural ingredients proven to stimulate collagen production and stop its loss. No matter what the big skin care companies tell you, don't believe that applying collagen topically will make a difference. You need to stimulate your skin's natural collagen production in order to reverse the signs of aging and have wrinkle-free skin.
# # #
Joseph Nagy has spent years researching natural treatments for aging skin. He regularly contributes to "http://www.healthy-