"Selecting the top coffee brands is a challenging task," said Super Coffee founder Maude Brown. While Starbucks tries to fend off growing competition from the likes of McDonald's and Dunkin' Donuts on the restaurant level, there's plenty of competition for the coffee dollars of consumers at home. Super Coffee is pleased to bring this look at the top coffee brands in the U.S. based on Super Coffee's own research - http://supercoffees.com/
10) Yuban: This coffee brand, part of Kraft Foods, promotes itself as being environmentally friendly by helping protect the environment and wildlife in coffee growing regions.
9) Eight O'Clock: This coffee brand was formerly owned by The Great Atlantic and Pacific Tea Company until 2003 when A&P sold it to an investment firm, creating the Eight O'Clock Coffee Company.
8) Seattle's Best: This coffee brand, part of Kraft Foods, promotes itself as being environmentally friendly by helping protect the environment and wildlife in coffee growing regions.
7) Millstone: The Millstone coffee brand, with only a small portion of the market, was a private coffee brand until Proctor & Gamble purchased it in 1996.
5) Maxwell House Master Blend: This gourmet spin-off of the Maxwell brand is part of the Kraft Foods family and is gaining in popularity by coffee lovers everywhere.
4) Folgers Coffeehouse:
3) Starbucks: Although Starbucks is the largest coffeehouse company in the world, it's the third overall coffee brand on the U.S. Super Coffee list in the U.S.
2) Maxwell House: The second most popular coffee brand and another Proctor and Gamble Brand with a large market share based on SuperCoffee.com research.
1) Folgers: For many, Folgers remain the best way to wake up. Arguably the largest selling coffee brand in the United States, Folgers tops SuperCoffee's list of the top-ten brands of coffee.
For more information on these and other coffee brands, visit SuperCoffees.com - http://supercoffees.com/
# # #
Super Coffee provides coffee lovers everywhere with quality information from a variety of sources on the coffee industry and the most important beverage since water.