“Where Art Breaths into the Stream of Life”
The Gallery at Bear Creek thanks you for your interest. The Gallery represents North and South Carolina Regional Fine and Folk Artists and in return offer the artists fair compensation and another means of displaying their work in a Classical yet Country environment. Our customers appreciate high quality, original, and handcrafted fine and folk art items to include paintings, photography, hand made jewelry, furniture, carved items, blacksmithing, and more as well as some cards, prints on occasion, and other fine collectibles made solely by Regional Artisans. We also offer art supplies on site and internet ordering capabilities, framing services, art classes, massage therapy, and last mural services. It is our goal to represent the regional artists, provide a good return for them and further their careers, provide affordable art and framing services, offer classes to better serve our community and other implemental services. We strive to bring “Art and its Creators Together as a Whole”. During the tourism season we offer beverages and gifts for sale as well. Artists who are interested in our gallery would be wise to first visit the gallery if at all possible. If our gallery ambiance and goals deem in your eyes a good match for your work, please submit the following during our regularly scheduled application dates. Committee reviews take place during the 1st. week of April, July, and September of each year. All applicants will be notified via email, US mail, or a telephone call of our decision and, additional information could be requested. Depending on the number of artists to be reviewed, the waiting time currently is up to three months to one year depending on space available, salability, pricing, current exhibits, and how your art relates to current offered products. In addition to these we take quality of craftsmanship, implementation of design and vision, relation of artwork to the areas of Western North and South Carolinas as well as Virginia areas, the Southern Appalachians, and last portrayal of yourself, life, vision, or experience through the art. If you are selected and we do not have adequate room in our gallery at the present time, you will be placed on the waiting list. Absolutely no artist reviews will be accepted in the months of November and December. Questions, please call the Gallery during business hours at 828-749-2272 or 828-216-4743 and after hours at 828-693-6905, 828-749-1532. We are also consistently interviewing for art teachers. Therefore if you are interested in teaching a class please send the following along with an overview of your class idea.
The Gallery at Bear Creek thanks you for your interest, time, and look forward to a great future together. Good luck!
The Co-Owners of The Gallery at Bear Creek
Kanda Orlando and Kimberly Webber Young/ aka Maw Bear
The Gallery at Bear Creek
Please print or type:
Apt # _______City:
State: _______ Zip: __________-_________
Home Telephone: (______) _______-__________
Other Telephone: (______) _______-__________
E-mail Address: _______________________________
Pieces Available for Exhibit: ___________
Dates of Availability:
Brief remarks: ____________________________________________________________
1. Please submit your work with:
• The Pertinent Information Form signed and dated.
• Resume, Portfolio, or Biography (including a list of exhibitions and awards)
• 5-20 representations upon CD or slides of current works neatly labeled with titles, dimensions, and medium and your Name- and Very Important- Year of Execution.
• Necessary information such as materials and techniques applied
• RETAIL prices allowing for a gallery commission of 30%
• New artists please provide a vision statement and other please provide a list of galleries which exhibit your work.
• At This Time, We do not require an exclusion contract but we do Highly recommend not saturating an area…
• Indicate whether the paintings would be sold framed or unframed and if so if you are interested in our assisting you with affordable framing.
• Self-addressed, stamped envelope if you wish to be notified by mail in the event of unacceptance and or if you prefer to have your materials returned.
• Checklist. Incomplete applications will be dismissed and returned.
Please include this page typed out and check off each item as enclosed. Incomplete applications will be dismissed and returned
The Gallery at Bear Creek
5008 US Hwy 176
Saluda, North Carolina 28773
Or snail mail to: mawbearsart@
# # #
The Gallery at Bear Creek, Saluda North Carolina
Kanda Orlando and Kimberly Webber Young aka Maw Bear owners
Art, Framing, and Art Supplies as well as regional crafters and gifts